June is a month for revelations. Dictionary.com defines revelations this way … something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized. The Universe has a way of presenting to each of us exactly what we need to know or experience so we can continue on our journey of self-awareness, self-discovery and conscious living. These revelations come when we are open to truth and honesty within ourselves. When we are willing to listen and hear a different voice, perhaps a ‘voice of reason’, speak words with a different message, or provide a different ‘slant’ or view that reaches something within you. It is a moment of discovery; of a revelation.
Too often we stay stuck in our position, opinion or idea of how things or people ought to be. Throughout our lives we have responded and reacted to people and events based on those deeply coded positions, opinions and ideas. We often have beliefs that have been with us throughout our lives, and maybe have served us well. But what about those times when they leave you feeling less than honest? Less comfortable? Miserable? Embarrassed? Maybe even a little ashamed?
How many times in the last year have you questioned yourself about how you were feeling after you reacted to a stressful, disappointing or personally intimidating event? How many times, in the past year, have you found yourself in a joyful, lighthearted, upbeat frame of mind, only to be brought down by some event or some other person’s actions, deeds or words? And, how did you respond? Did you carry the attitude with you for awhile?
Negative energy, and negativity, isn’t as easy to shed as it used to be, back when you were a kid and life seemed a little easier. As you move through the month of June, you may find yourself feeling bombarded by negativity. As though a continuous storm of chaos, hatred, selfishness and narcissism has somehow descended upon our beautiful planet Earth. No matter where you turn, it is there…feeding on the reactions of pent up fear, anxiety, frustration and hostility here and around the globe. This negative energy is so prevalent, it sometimes goes unnoticed…as though it has become the norm. So, maintaining a positive state of mind and attitude can be difficult at best.
Through this month of June, take the time to reveal to yourself and to others the opposite energy. The energy of positivity. June is a time of celebrations, e.g., graduations, weddings, Father’s Day, warm weather, picnics and parties. Can you carry that same uplifting, celebratory energy with you? Look around you.
- What is it that moves you into that place of negativity?
- When experiencing your own sense of negativity, where does it come from?
- Is it coming from old beliefs or does it feel personal?
- Who among your friends, family and co-workers tends to lift your mood?
- Who among them tends to darken your mood?
- What is the quickest way for you to pull yourself out of a negative mood or situation?
- What can you do this month that will move you towards your own personal revelations?
- What part of conscious living do you practice?
- Can you listen without judgment?
- Are you willing to hear an opposite viewpoint?
- Can you accept without prejudice another’s opinion?
- Can you drop the idea that you are, of course, right?
- Can you honestly, openly and truthfully question your own ideas and beliefs, while looking at what others hold as their own ideas and beliefs?
A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent