The 3-days of April’s New Moon begins Tuesday, the 25th, reaching its apex on Wednesday, the 26th, at 8:18AM eastern time. A New Moon always signifies a time of new beginnings, rebirth, and regeneration. And, while the new moon cycle runs for a full 28 days, the best time to begin any new projects or plans is during the first 2-weeks of the cycle (until May 10th).
This New Moon comes in the middle of a Mercury Retrograde. As many of you know, most planets go retrograde from time to time, with very little effect felt by most of us mere mortals. However, Mercury in Retrograde is more like Murphy’s Law in action…’what can go wrong, will go wrong’, especially in the areas of communications, computers, and relationships. With Mercury in Retrograde, you can expect to feel its influence during this New Moon, especially in the areas of communications and relationships.
During this coming New Moon, influenced by Mercury Retrograde, take time to tend to your own wants and needs.
- On Tuesday, the 25th, pick one thing you want to accomplish within the next 28-days that is simply, just for you. Too often when setting goals for ourselves, we try to chose goals that will benefit others as well as ourselves. Don’t do that this time. With Mercury in Retrograde, it could back fire on you.
- Be realistic. If there is a chance you won’t accomplish the goal within the next 28-days, establish a milestone that is achievable.
- On Wednesday morning, as the moon begins to set, make an offering to Grandmother Moon while stating your personal goal or intention. Visualize the results. Then, live the day as though you have already accomplished your goal.
- Wednesday night, if possible, fill a tub of hot water and add your favorite scented oils, bubble bath, Epsom salts, etc., and commit again to your personal goal or intention. Bathe yourself in the image and sensation of achieving what you set out to attain.
- On Thursday, establish a plan to achieve your goal or intention. Keep the plan simple. Make changes when necessary, but never lose sight of your goal or the milestones you want to reach.
Achieving your goals will take more than a simple commitment. It will take effort each and every day. It may take some ‘self-talk’ and reminders of why this is important to you. As the New Moon grows in its light, so too will the results of your effort.
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”