As mentioned in the previous post, this month of March, named after the Roman God Mars, is full of power and potential. Adding to its already influential and robust characteristics, comes a full solar eclipse on March 8th followed by a lunar eclipse on March 23rd. Unfortunately, those of us living in North America will not be able to witness this particular solar eclipse. However, if you have plans of being in Hawaii, you will be able to catch a partial glimpse of the event.
I have written many times about the power and effect of the New and Full Moon cycles, and how they present us with opportunities to begin or end various aspects, processes or situations in our lives. Adding to that, a Solar and Lunar eclipse always occurring during a New and Full moon, respectively, brings to a maximum the power, intensity and force of that cycle’s prevalent spirit and energy, regardless of whether you can visually witness the eclipse or not.
The New Moon and Solar Eclipse on March 8th is the time for you to be clear about your direction. Many people will tell you to be clear and concise, spelling out in finite detail what exactly it is you want to have, to see, or to be in your coming days, weeks and years. I, on the other hand, suggest you not be so concise that you spell out the finite detail, but instead spell out how you want to FEEL in those coming days, weeks and years.
- How do you want to FEEL when you wake up in the morning and lay your head on your pillow at night?
- How busy do you want to FEEL at the beginning and end of each day?
- How much stress and responsibility do you want to FEEL during your waking hours?
- How trapped, burdened or free do you want to FEEL?
- How much love do you want to FEEL towards the people you cherish, honor and adore?
- How much love do you want to FEEL in your life and surrounding you?
- How much love do you want to FEEL towards yourself?
- If you find yourself reliving past events that are preventing you from fully loving yourself, take a moment and imagine what you would say and how you would FEEL if your best and most trusted friend confide the same guilty story to you. Give yourself permission to FEEL the same empathy, warmth and understanding for yourself.
- How much freedom do you want to FEEL when making daily, weekly or monthly choices for yourself?
- How much time, effort and energy are you willing to expend on other people’s drama, and is that how you want to FEEL during your time of rest or self-reflection?
- During your time of rest and self-reflection, how do you want to FEEL about yourself and your life?
- If there are people in your life that leave you to FEEL unhappy, disappointed, disillusioned, frustrated, embittered, abused, exploited or used, now is the time to begin the process of moving away from them…emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
- If there are people in your life that help you FEEL happy, fulfilled, optimistic, positive, confident, cheerful, loved, cared for, honored, respected, and appreciated, now is the time to open a welcoming space for them and other similar folks into your life.
- At the end, give yourself permission to FEEL really good about yourself, your future and your own treasure of goodness.
The energy of the New Moon coupled with the power and force of the Solar Eclipse will propel, expand and explode forward your intentions for this year and the coming 6 months. If you carry doubt, it too will multiply and shadow what you project. But, if your heartfelt intentions are pure, honest and honorable, your doubts (coming from your mind and ego) will be overcome with the light of truth, sincerity and authenticity.