I have this group of successful, intelligent women I meet with twice a month (weather permitting!) as a group and once a month individually. When we started meeting over a year ago, the program (called Personal Spiritual Program) was only going to run for about 3 months, but as we moved closer to the end of the 3-month period they asked to continue … so we did. As we dove deeper and deeper into the esoteric world of thoughts, attachments and illusion, they found they were not satisfied to simply touch on the idea of a personal spiritual journey. No, they each found their own hunger and thirst for greater understanding … choosing to pull back their own curtain of secrecy and revealing their own true beliefs, disbeliefs, as well as their own established patterns, attachments and illusions. It has been one of the greatest joys for me to watch these women begin to truly embrace and explore their own depths.
To aid in their self revelation, I often send them things to ponder. As I sent off today’s thought to ponder, I was struck with the idea to begin putting some of these ‘thoughts’ on my blog. After you have read and pondered the ‘thoughts’, please feel free to comment or ask questions. So, today’s thought to ponder is …
If a lifetime is your chance to express who you are in the most adventurous and creative way you can imagine … what are you doing that supports that idea?
Some questions you might want to ask yourself as you ponder the above thought are:
- Are you living life as it was presented to you?
- Are you a reflection of yourself or someone else?
- Have you taken the time to consider who you really are?
- Do you express yourself or do you follow what is ‘acceptable’?
- Do you wake up in the morning excited about what the day may bring? Or, do you hope it is a repeat of some other uneventful day?
- Are you working towards your dream? Or are you simply putting in time?
- Do you smile when you go to sleep?